Thursday, April 14, 2005

I've Stolen the Log-On to Dad's Blog, And Thought...

...I'd take it for a spin.

Hello. My name is Spear Daughter and I would like to say thank you for reading and commenting on my father's site. He appreciates your support.

I'm a freshman in high school and I'm working hard in my advanced courses. I'm unsure what I want to do for a career, but I guess it's too early to decide that at my age. I believe I'll study science and history, at least that's what I would like to pursue at the moment. Next year I'm going to take AP European History, and I'm quite excited about that. I was on the freshman volleyball team this past fall and I improved my skills to an extent that I may have a chance to make Junior Varsity next year. I also play softball for my city league; it's my favorite game to play because I love the adrenaline rush of facing a pitcher.

May I have your permission to rant? It's hard to be a teenager these days. To sum it up in one word, I would have to choose "drama." So, drama takes the stage during brunch and lunch. Everyone thinks about themselves and how to get attention. I hate it. Why can't people see that it's much better to think about other people and be loved? I don't know. There have been many drama performances within my group of friends, and it's not fun to listen to a friend and her boyfriend totally yell at others saying , "You guys don't accept us! Why do you hate us so much?" when it really isn't the case at all? Jeez, sometimes it gets too boring to hear. One after another after another. Very tiring. But I guess that's just a part of life huh?

Argh, Dad won't let me put my picture on this site.

Well, as you might know, I attended the U2 concert with my dad. I had a great time and was enthusiastic to see Bono perform on stage. Basically, to most people it was a sermon onstage, but in my opinion, he preaches just right. He talks in a way that's so subtle and calm, and doesn't have the extreme liberalism of Michael Moore. But don't think about his ethics - listen to their music. The creativity that they put in their songs is spectacular, and just listen to the context and complexity of the rhythm. It's outstanding. And I got a really awesome shirt out of the deal too lol.

Well, I hope this experiment went well....ttyl.

SD