Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hiatus

hi·a·tus ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-ts)n. pl. hi·a·tus·es or hiatus

A gap or interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break: “We are likely to be disconcerted by... hiatuses of thought” (Edmund Wilson).


Linguistics. A slight pause that occurs when two immediately adjacent vowels in consecutive syllables are pronounced, as in reality and naive.


Anatomy. A separation, aperture, fissure, or short passage in an organ or body part.


Hiatus. I'm on one. I'm also making a career change which has re-directed my meager creative energies. Time to re-charge the blog batteries and round out the work-life balance.

Regret that I won't be sprinkling the blog universe with a few more electrons for a while. Probably a month or two. Thanks for checking in and, more importantly, contributing to the site and our daily navigation through this long, strange trip. I will be regularly checking up with the regulars - you know who you are.

I've learned a ton from the discourse and you will know when I come back.